Make your own Compost Tea for plants
Step be step guide to DiY compost tea.
Compost Tea Recipe
What you need
1) A bucket
2) Aerator aquarium pump with 2 stones
3) Old socks
4) A stick longer than the bucket diameter
5) Vermicompost 2 to 4 handful
6) 50g jaggery
7) 3/4th bucket water
- Fill the bucket with water.
- Setup aerator pump such that the stones are at the bottom of the bucket.
- Mix powdered jaggery to water.
- Fill compost inside the socks.
- Tie the socks to the sticks such that it can hang in the bucket to 2/3 the depth when the stick is placed on the rim of the bucket.
- Place the bucket in a cool shaded place. No direct sun and rain.
- Ensure the aerator pump is properly placed above the water level in the bucket and such that it does not accidentally fall in to water.
- Switch the pump ON.
- Keep squeezing thevsocks from time to time to allow thr decoction to seep in.
- After 24 hrs, switch off the pump.
Compost Tea is ready!